The Dukes is a registered charity (No: 501935). We inspire people and enrich lives by creating and presenting work and by creating opportunities for everyone to experience and participate in the highest quality cultural activities.
Partnerships with Trusts & Foundations enables The Dukes to continue delivering high quality, life-changing engagement projects, commission new work and is vital to developing our ongoing community, learning and outreach programme. We are currently seeking to attract Trust and Foundation support for the life-changing activities undertaken by our outstanding Creative Learning department, our artistic programme, capital improvements and the continuing development of our dementia friendly programme, A Life More Ordinary. Some of our projects needing support are:
• Our extensive community and learning programme which reaches more than 5,000 young people a year across Lancashire
• Our groundbreaking Shattering Images theatre group for young people with learning disabilities
• Programmes of work and skills development with NEET young people.
• The Made in Lancaster Production Fund
• Ongoing enhancements of our backstage facilities and technical work
• Capital improvements to our Grade 2 listed building and ongoing care of the fabric of the building
If you are involved with a grant making trust or foundation and think a partnership with The Dukes might be possible, we’d be delighted to explain more about the rewarding projects and programmes that would benefit from your support.
Trustees and other representatives of grant makers are welcome to visit The Dukes at any time to see our activities in action.
Investment from all our funding partners is vital and we are grateful for the support we have received in the recent past from The Granada Foundation, The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust, The Garrick Charitable Trust, The Thistle Trust, The Clothworkers Foundation, BBC Children in Need, The Duchy of Lancaster, The Galbraith Trust, Elspeth J Thomspon Charitable Trust and The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
We are working particularly closely with the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, who in 2014 confirmed a three year grant to support all of the company’s activities
For more details on our membership and support schemes contact Rosina Merrett, Business Development Manager on 01524 598511/ firstname.lastname@example.org.